School of Democracy - In depth course on the principles of democracy and playing the game of politics
Since 2014 NIMAR has hosted training weekends on politics and democracy organized by Dutch political foundations. We are happy to announce this in depth course intended especially for alumni of the previous trainings: principles of democracy and playing the game of politics.
Goals of the training
- An in-depth understanding of democracy, what it is, how it works and how you can use it to make a change in your community;
- A chance to widen your network with people from different parts of Morocco;
- An opportunity to exchange experiences with members of political parties from the Netherlands;
- Personal development as this course combines theory with skills development (leadership, presentation, communication, networking)
Who can apply?
Alumni of the trainings given by the Eduardo Frei Foundation from 2014-2017 and alumni of the School of Democracy of 2018.
If there are still spots available, we will also consider applications of:
- Women and men engaged in civil society, who work as volunteers or professionals within their communities;
- University students, senior year or graduates, interested in putting theory into practice.
- English speaking;
- Able to attend both weekends;
- Willing to make the homework assignment, before and after the first training weekend.
If you want to participate, please send your resume and motivation letter in English to email@example.com before October 13. Alumni, please mention in which year you took a training at NIMAR. We will contact you before the 25th of October to let you know if you have been admitted. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
The course consists of two training sessions of an extended weekend in Rabat, starting on a Friday with lunch and ending on Sunday with lunch.
The training dates are:
The trainings are free of charge and participants will be accommodated in a shared room in a hotel in Rabat. Reimbursement of transport costs by train or bus is possible if participants are unable to provide for this themselves.
More information about the organizers:
This project is organized together with NIMAR, by the Eduardo Frei Foundation of the CDA (the Christian-democratic party in the Netherlands) since 2014. As of 2018 three other dutch political foundations have joined: De Helling, foundation of the Green Left for Democracy Development Abroad, the political foundation of the Dutch Liberal Democrats (VVD) and of the political foundation of the D66 Party (Dutch Democrats).